Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tetra Ref

Tetra Ref

Redesign and reference sheet of an old character of mine, Tetra. Oh man, we’ve been through a lot together. She’s become a bit of an “all-around” kind of character. She was my first flash character ever, and whenever I want to draw something that’s got lots of good proportion but not too far into the realm of realism, I draw her.

It’s also fun drawing her because I get to use lots of curvy lines everywhere…doing that kind of stuff using single strokes is always fun with a tablet. Moving your hand so the line follows, flowing it into the other lines…oh man. I luv dat stuff.

So anyway Tetra is supposed to be a robit. A robit who goes on space adventures in science fiction lands because she is a BADASS ROBIT.

To tell you the truth this is the first time I’ve ever drawn a character from behind...or made a ref sheet as detailed as this. Perhaps I'll do another one and put it on my portfolio...at this point I doubt there'll be any traditional animation in my demo reel, so I need SOMETHING to show people that I know how to draw.

0 comments:

Post a Comment